This is our Final scene, it feel so good to have it all together, working for so long on individual assets you’re not so sure how it’s going to all come together in the end, but I pretty pleased with the result.
Looking at it finished now , there are some details I’d like to change and experiment a bit with the composition.
from early on we had a pretty clear idea of what the room was going to look like and I do feel this is outcome is a good representation of those ideas but if I could I’d like to go back and experiment with the composition, I think it’d be nice to have a few variations to see what I can create from it. Even now I’m still thinking of more things I could model and place in, though going from research it’d be a lot of smaller pieces like jewelry and such which wouldn’t really stand pout within the whole scene.
I had hoped as well to get into some bump mapping to create some really high detailed pieces, which I may go back to in my spare time. The problem with this was that everything in a Harem has delicate details and painted patterns and writing on it, this made us reluctant to begin the process because we knew we didn’t have time to make everything up to the same level of detail and it would leave the scene looking half done.
I suppose I could spend weeks polishing this and experimenting with it, but I’m happy with what we as a team could achieve with this project, it was easy to just get stuck in and begin creating our ideas, I’m even considering creating another scene for my personal project.
These are some Wireframe stills Lauren took of our scene.
We had always had the idea of making the video from the perspective of an attendant discovering the room and that our Courtesan had escaped, so I tried to emulate that with our camera movement. This of course was more tricky that I first thought it would be, there was a medium between displaying our scene and assets coherently and incorporating this narrative that I had to find. In the beginning I had a lot of the camera turns be very quick and sharp as if it was someone quickly looking around the room, but this meant missing a lot of our scene and also the walking through the room was too windy and jumpy. I showed my teammates this version of the walkthrough but we weren’t satisfied with it, Lauren suggested having the ‘attendant’ walk straight through the room whilst looking side to side, based off this I started again using a camera and an aim and tried to keep it more streamlined and smooth. I’m not sure if I should also make a video a pans through the scene allowing a closer look at the models.